TpX: TeX drawing tool
TpX Project Homepage
Version: 1.5 (2008-12-07) Requires
MS Windows (however, see below)
(0.84 Mb zip) Online
TpX modifications log file
Sample lTpX output (lTpX is Python module to generate
"Demonstration of TpX import capabilities" (1.27
Mb pdf) This document includes examples which
exported from many well-known as well as less known Windows (and Linux) programs
as Windows metafile and SVG images.
TpX is a Sourceforge
project. Anyone with knowledge of Delphi (and/or Lua) is welcome
TpX on CTAN
How to install: unpack in a folder and run TpX.exe
How to upgrade: replace old files with new ones (delete .ini and .tex.inc files if needed).
TpX has a Lazarus variant (at alpha stage). Currently there are no precompiled binaries, so try to compile it for desired platform (Linux, OS X) yourself and report your experience.
What's new in version 1.5 (2008-12-07)
- New version of TpX file format, version 5 (treatment of dotted lines has changed incompatibly)
- Objects group/ungroup operations.
- Bitmap objects (sam2p utility is used to convert bitmaps to EPS for inclusion into PostScript output)
- Now it is possible to use the default font size of the parent LaTeX document by setting FontSizeInTeX property to 0 (\fontsize...\selectfont would not be added to LaTeX code).
- More properties of graphical objects can be changed using toolbar (for all selected objects at once): arrow-heads, text labels, stars.
- Picking up, applying and clearing properties of graphical objects
- "Simplify Bezier" operation
- "Delete small objects" operation
- Freehand Bezier curve instead of freehand polyline
- Lua module for generating TpX files (lTpX) replaced the old Python module (TpXpy)
- Vertical alignment of text proved to be unreliable and hard to be made compatible across devices. All text labels are now baseline aligned.
- Dots in dotted lines are now square (they where rectangular)
- Simpler preview.tex.inc. TpX now adds the packages it needs automatically and unneeded packages are not added to preview document.
- Saving of preview source.
What's new in version 1.4 (2007-08-04)
- New version of TpX file format, version 4 (differences in storing ellipses, PicUnutLength replaced by BitmapRes)
- TikZ output format
- Output formats (LaTeX picture, PsTricks, PGF, TikZ, MetaPost) use the same coordinates as TpX drawing. This is useful for generating code
- Local popup menu
- Graphical objects alignment
- Rectangles with rounded corners
- "Simplify polyline/polygon", "Reverse points", "Connect paths" operations
- Breaking of paths
- Arrow-heads for arcs and better arrow-heads directions for curves
- Picture properties added to undo
- Mouse drag on empty space starts area selection mode
- Freehand polyline draw
- Drag-copy with Ctrl+Mouse
- TpX internals were rewritten to a great extent. Source code became more modular
What's new in version 1.3 (2006-05-22)
- New export format "LaTeX EPS" with tight bounding box
(using dvips) and derivatives (PDF using epstopdf, various
- Custom system fonts for graphical objects
(not applies to LaTeX output)
- Simpler hot keys for graphical objects. Additional hot keys
- New command line options for running TpX without GUI
- Native import of simple SVG pictures
- Program now controls changes made to drawing (no more annoying 'save drawing' dialog when there were no changes)
- A new kind of graphical primitive, "symbol"
- Many new styles of arrow-heads
- 4 new shapes for stars
- "Arrow-head size factor" property for arrow-heads
- "Star size factor" property for stars
- New LaTeX and PdfLaTeX output format, 'none'
- View source
- Preview EPS/PDF files in 'Open' dialog (if GhostscriptPath is set)
- New version of TpX file format, version 3. The format for storing rectangles changed
What's new in version 1.2 (2005-08-08)
- PGF format (suitable both for LaTeX and PdfLaTeX)
- Classical Bezier paths
- Rotated text
- Paste EMF/WMF from clipboard
- Conversion of graphical objects (like ellipse to spline, etc.)
- TpXpy, Python module to generate TpX drawings
- LaTeX->DVI->PS preview
- Edit coordinates of control points. Data could be copied and
pasted from another application
- Convert to grayscale
- "Image tool" for EMF/WMF. Includes EPS
Previous incarnation, TpX
Page last update